Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back on the missions

It's just after 6am and finally almost everything is packed. No point sleeping now, I'll save it for the plane.

If there's one thing I've learnt travelling with a kayak it's to research airlines' baggage policies thoroughly before purchasing your ticket. Once you're confirmed, print the policy and learn it better than the staff at the check-in desk. Returning from Bangkok last year my kayak was flatly denied by British Airways, but because I knew that I had a Qantas ticket and had their policy with me I eventually got my heavily laden creeker on free of charge.

With Air NZ today they're allowing two 23kg pieces with fairly reasonable excess charges if you exeed that - $150 for a third piece of baggage apparently.

Signs are positive for a solid season's water in BC... stay tuned

boz